Monday, June 19, 2006

Major League Baseball Advanced Media

Re: Gameday Audio Broadcasts

I wrote you about this issue before and received a message stating that you had a backlog of complaints, and you'd get to me in time.

You never did.

I'm still having the same problem, so here I am again:

I've logged in twice tonight, and your backward Gameday Audio software crashed my browser both times. I had to quit out of the browser on both occasions, then reopen the browser.

On the third try, I entered my password and was told that I had logged in too many times recently, and I should "try again later."

This is completely unacceptable. I understand that you need to build in a defense against free-riders who pay for one login, then distribute the password to multiple users. Fine.

But in my case, I'm just trying to log in ONCE, so I can listen to the baseball game broadcast that I HAVE PAID FOR. And I would be able to listen to that broadcast if you didn't diddle around with the software every year and, with your "enhancements," make the games inaccessible to paying customers.

On a prior occasion I called your toll-free hotline and waited no less than forty minutes for my call to be taken "by the next available operator," before I finally gave up.

I don't have that kind of time to waste on you tonight. I certainly don't have the patience to listen to more than a minute of your hold music. That cover of "Me and Bobby McGee" by LeeAnn Rimes was godawful, and I wouldn't inflict it on my worst enemy, much less my beloved (and already aggrieved) subscribership.

You really need to do a better job on this, or else return the audio rights to the flagship stations, which are more than capable of streaming the games online without mucking everything up.

I have been a customer for probably five years now — because I don't live within range of my home team's radio broadcasts. If I could, I would pay twice as much to listen to the games somewhere else, just to bypass your technical failures and empty gestures at customer service. But I can't, so I'm stuck forking money over to you every year for this product of yours, the delivery of which is spotty at best.

[Phutatorius]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home